I’ve finally found the time and the focus to sit my butt down and blog about this 30 Day Detox program I am putting myself on.
This journey has been in my head for years but I never had the discipline and/or resources to pull it off.
Maybe it was a lack of drive too – just being honest lol. But the other day I was eating something (can’t remember what) and I happened to read the ingredients and was immediately turned off and thought to myself, “There are too many added ingredients in packaged foods!”
It was then that I knew, I had to make a change.
I’ve been feeling the effects of having a terrible diet, sleep pattern and no fitness life. I’ve been feeling tired, unfocused, been suffering with digestive issues including horrible heartburn, stomachaches and back pain, joint pain and sinus issues.
Not to mention I am fat and out of shape.
I know now that I have to do a complete lifestyle re-vamp, but I need to start small so I don’t overwhelm myself – then the idea hit me: A 30 Day Detox and Life Revitalization.
I need something to kick start me on my way of changing my life around and a good cleanse is the best way to go.
During this detox, I plan on using herbs, foods and water to cleanse with as it is the healthiest and most affordable way to do so.
I don’t have any special foods I am going to be eating or anything as I’ll pretty much be following a basic balanced diet, focusing on home cooked non-packaged meals and/or food products.
Although I am not going to limit myself too much during this cleanse, I will be eliminating the following:
- Red Meat
- Processed Carbohydrates (white flour, pasta, bread, white rice, etc.)
- Catnip – good for my migraines which are sure to get worse @ the start of this cleanse.
- Hyssop – removes mucus and clears lungs (I just quit smoking and I know my lungs are dirty)
- Red Clover – detoxifies
- Thyme – combined with the Hyssop clears lungs
- Ginger – strengthens other herbs, upper respiratory, levels blood pressure
- Fennel – removes mucus, suppresses appetite, decongestant (my sinuses)
- Astragalus – immune booster, raises metabolism
- Hibiscus – cools body, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, taste divine
- Peppermint – for taste, cleanses body, sedative for stomach (improves taste of bitter herbs)
- Walking – a minimum of 30 mins. 3x per week
- Pilates – 2x per week
- Weight training 3x per week
Remember to follow me on Twutter, YT, or Instagram for my progress or to share your experiences on this cleanse.
I look forward to hearing from you!